The 26th edition of the DaKINO International Film Festival will be running 1st to 5th March 2017, in Bucharest, Romania.
The Festival is an annual event, competitive, non-specialized, organized by the FAMart Association and the DaKINO Foundation.
The DaKINO Short Film Competition includes short fiction films, short documentaries and short experimental films.
* there is no submission fee
* the prizes will be awarded by the Jury of DaKINO 26
1. Only films that meet the following conditions will be accepted for selection:
- the film is produced after January 1st 2016;
- the film does not exceed 20 minutes in length;
- the film is subtitled in English, unless the dialogue is in English.
2. Submissions for selection within the DaKINO 26 Competition are open November 11th to December 31st .
3. The screening of the selected films, withind the Festival, will be made from either DCP or digital HD files complying with the technical specifications issued by the Festival.
4. The Festival invites one representative of each film accepted in the competition (director/ producer/ writer/ actor) to DaKINO IFF, for three days, with accommodation offered by the Festival.
For submitting the film for the DaKINO Short Film Competition, the following must be sent via e-mail, at firstname.lastname@example.org , by December 31st :
The filled-in entry form
An online viewing link for the film
The dialogue list
A still from the film
The films selected to participate within the DaKINO 2017 Short Film Competition will be announced by the 1st of February 2017; the screening material must reach the Festival by February 14th 2017.
If the screening material does not reach the Festival by the date mentioned above, the selected film will be replaced.
DaKINO International Film Festival
No. 10, Remus Street, 030685, Bucharest, Romania
1. The screening order of the films is decided by the Festival.
2. A submitted film cannot be withdrawn afterwards.
3. The Festival has the right to screen the films in competition 4 times during the Festival.
4. The Festival has the right to use parts of the films in competition for promotion (maximum 3’).
Granted by the Jury of DaKINO 26 :
The DaKINO Trophy
According to the vote expressed by the audience present at the Festival:
Sending a signed entry form to the Festival, by e-mail or by post, implies the agreement to the Festival regulations for the 26th edition of the DaKINO International Film Festival.