The 28th edition of the DaKINO International Film Festival will run from 7th-10th March 2019 in Bucharest, Romania.
The Festival is an annual event, competitive, non-specialized, organized by the FAMart Association and the DaKINO Foundation.
The DaKINO Short Film Competition includes short fiction and animation films.
* there is no submission fee.
* the prizes will be awarded by the DaKINO 28 Jury.
1. Only films that meet the following conditions will be accepted for selection:
- the film is produced after January 1st 2018;
- the film does not exceed 20 minutes in length;
- the film is subtitled in English, unless the dialogue is in English.
2. Submissions for selection within the DaKINO 28 Competition are open December 17th 2018 to January 27th 2019.
3. The screening of the selected films, within the Festival, will be made from either DCP or digital HD files complying with the technical specifications issued by the Festival.
4. The Festival invites one representative of each film accepted in the competition (director/ producer/ writer/ actor) to DaKINO IFF, for three days, with accommodation offered by the Festival.
For submitting the film for the DaKINO Short Film Competition, the following must be sent via e-mail, at email@example.com, by January 27th:
- The filled-in entry form
- An online viewing link for the film
- The dialogue list in English
- A still from the film
The films selected to participate within the DaKINO 2019 Short Film Competition will be announced by February 8th 2019; and the screening material must reach the Festival by February 15th 2019.
If the screening material does not reach the Festival by the date mentioned above, the selected film will be replaced.
DaKINO International Film Festival
82, Levănțica Street, Bucharest, 031404, Romania
1. The screening order of the films is decided by the Festival.
2. A submitted film cannot be withdrawn afterwards.
3. The Festival has the right to screen the films in competition 4 times during the Festival.
4. The Festival has the right to use parts of the films in competition for promotion (maximum 3’).
Granted by the DaKINO 28 Jury:
The DaKINO Trophy
According to the vote expressed by the audience present at the Festival: Audience Award
Sending a signed entry form to the Festival, by e-mail or by post, implies the agreement to the Festival regulations for the 28th edition of the DaKINO International Film Festival.